Monday, August 23, 2010

Of truth and trust.


When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves. –Victor Frankl

It's been 30 days too long. I'm so torn with this blog. It's hard to be completely honest with the world, the blogosphere, whoever's out there. But I set out to tell a story here (hell, we're still in chapter one.) So, back at it!

As planned, I got a job. Graphic design for a non profit that I love. Working in the South has turned out to be... hard. (I'm at a loss for the right adjectives right now.) It's different. Everything is tiny. Trends that are a part of my vocabulary have yet to even take off here. I'm constantly pushing at limits that I've never had before. In short, I'm not sure what's going to happen... but I have a job.

My friend count here is still pretty low. I forget that everyone is friendlier. Coming from a place where is taboo to smile at a passerby... it's tough to even say hi to someone I admire. Lots of missed opportunities. Am I being too hard on myself? Ah.




Some Gloria Vanderbilt love.




No comments:

Post a Comment