Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Baby's and the deep end.



This neighborhood could be the headquarters for the League of Extraordinary Moms. If you're not a mom, what are you? Just a girl trying to mold herself an identity and crafting her next big move? Nope, you're just in the way, by Carolina standards.

I actually had to lie to 2 little girls at the pool, to avoid a messy situation. They were identical twins, maybe 4 years old, sassy in their matching purple bikinis. (At least for their sake I hope they were twins, with matching everything, I can taste the bitter resentment as it brews.)

Twin: Hi
Me: Hi!
Twin: Are u a mom?
Me: Yes I am.
Twin: Where's your honey? (By now, I'm used to this scary Southern term to describe one's significant other)
Me: He's over there. (I gesture off in the distance, they didn't care about the particulars.)
Twin: Where's your son? (Oh God.)
Me: He's over there. (I point towards a ton of kids swimming laps. Luckily these 2 appear to be colorblind and don't notice that there isn't even a slightly black looking kid for miles.)
Twin: Okay. (Satisfied and tossing all the "stranger danger" rules aside, they go on to explain that once they're big, and the floaties come off, they can venture beyond the booey and into the 4 feet.)

Note to self: don't hang out in the 2 feet again.

No comments:

Post a Comment