Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Relief is fleeting.


Now that I'm settling into my new diggs and taking time to "relax," it should be easier to reflect on my final days as a New Yorker. Not so easy actually. It's all a blur, an intoxicated mad dash. The days were full of: "You're really leaving?" "You're leaving when?!", "So this is it..." and even "I'll never forget you." As if North Carolina is light years away. Truth be told, I withheld my plans, from even my closest friends until the very last minute. There was a plan, but not as planned out as plans usually are and I didn't need any more pragmatists waving red flags in my face. Nevertheless, I'm here, with KJ, and beneath all the static in the background, we're finding our rhythm.

Goodbye's were special.

A cupcake from Ashley, The Grill at PB with Wang (who's 2 sentence rendition of my first encounter with KJ has to be told at our wedding) and a little Rio with allies from work.




No comments:

Post a Comment