Thursday, July 22, 2010

I'm So Julia.


Me. And Julia Roberts. Going out on a limb for about a paragraph. As if this whole Raleigh situation isn't already a limb in the midst of hurricane season. (Wow, how quickly I digress.) My life, recently, draws such close parallels to the roles Julia Roberts has played. In no logical order at all:
  • StepMom - all of it, literally.
  • Charlie Wilson's War - ruthlessly steering negotiations that lead to wins (amongst a few losses).
  • Pretty Woman - days with our loved ones, being taught how to select silverware from my place setting, as if I've never... eaten. Or, my resume being questioned, and my breeding, and my social security number 5 times backwards.
  • Eat Pray Love - if the movie turns out to be anything like the book, it's dead on. Hiatus from corporate culture, on a mission to experience everything else. Everything. Seeing things for the 1st time.
  • Mona Lisa Smile - ignoring doubts from friends, because really, I'm the one who has to live this life.
  • Mystic Pizza - wishing now that I'd seen it...






That's just how I feel today. Tomorrow... I could be Queen Latifah.

No comments:

Post a Comment